swirl background

WELCOME!


. ..............................


A VERY SPECIAL PROJECT

Hola, hello! It's been a while, can't believe it's been so long since my last post.
I've been keeping myself busy with work, family duties and new art projects.

I had the honor to be part of the Seldens Landing Mural Project at my daughter's Elementary School.
With other volunteers and volunteer artists, many of them parents of the school students themselves, we made our mission to beautify the many different areas in the building.
I painted the library, as a Children's book illustrator, the place speaks to me :)

 Before


 After

 
I covered an area that is 58 feet long (over 17 meters), yes, that was a lot of  paint! Because of the logistics, I chose to paint separate sections that later will be joined together on the wall.



The near-the-ceiling location in the library inspired me to create a whimsical sky scene of children floating within their imagination represented by the fantastic and varied journeys that reading and studying can offer.



The project was completed during the Summer of 2010, on time for the start of the new school year. Was it a lot of work? Yes. Did I enjoy it? YES! Even my daughter helped color some parts of the mural.

My only wish: to be invisible and able to hear and see the kids reaction when they saw the mural for the first time!

5 comments:

Kitty City Creations said...

Fantastic job!

SewArtsy said...

What a great gift!
Amy

Anonymous said...

I am proud of my big sister! ;)

JenJen said...

That is so amazing! Way to go! It's just beautiful! :)

Naomi Cayne said...

Wow! That is just so wonderful! Beautiful job!